I’ve spent my morning creating/recovering two book covers. I carefully removed the contents a couple of days ago and separated the signatures (groups of pages sewn into hardback books) so that they can be used too, although not necessarily in these books.
Both came from a charity shop sale for 50p each. I’ve removed the spine from the green one and replaced it with a wider, new spine. I love how they are coming along thus far and am quite exited about it 😆❤
I shall decorate the covers a bit once I’ve had a think and a play. Next I will be gathering pages together. I had a big tea dyeing session in the garden yesterday plus I experimented with a watercolour bath using old tubes of paint before they dry up. It did colour those pieces but at the moment only I would notice.
The one on the right looks black on my screen but it’s actually a lovely green.
The clips are holding paper in places while it dries.
I’m planning to sew two signatures into each book; I don’t think three would fit as I shall add pockets and tuck shops and other ephemera.
This lovely lady (Gayle Agostinelli) has been a great teacher and source of inspiration…
I’ll show you the pages in the next installment 🙂
Thanks for visiting. Bye for now,
Tracey xx ❤